Monday, October 17, 2005

Arches and Canyonlands UT

It took me 4 hours to traverse 7 miles here- by car....the place leaps out at you- it's magical, mindboggling and altogether so breathtaking that you cant help humming the Indy Jones theme in your head- Canyonlands borders Arches- and the road- UT 28 is a small single lane fella- on one side you have the red red vermillion red rocks...then a green river- the Colorado- and then the road and then....as much as you crane your neck to see, your side of the road has these milehigh precipices flanking you....adjectives fly out the window...all that you know of the language is not enough....how do you describe the indescribable?
I felt this way last when I saw an aurora above my house in Michigan...words fail you, your throat seizes and all that remains is the sound of childlike laughter bubbling up your mouth.....
This vista changes you- perceptibly and otherwise...nothing feels the same after this...except this fever in your system to go back and steep the red of the rocks into your own blood..... Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Fragmented Minds said...

Yup- I took the picture- the cam was a Sony DSC p93- however, I gotta give credit to nature- I just pointed n shot!
Thanks for liking it tho!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home