Friday, October 21, 2005

Getting Better at the Blogging Game...or How I won the War

This blogging isnt as easy peasy lemon squeezy as its made out to be- pardon the gooey kablooeey stuff - sometimes 9 yr olds leave their imprint on ones vocabulary....
Any hooo, first you blog- then u get obsessed with maintaining a page rank and then you get into the Aliceworld of sitemeters, tags, identity- all in this effort to have YOUR name leap out of the search box on Google- as tho' people have nothing better to do than Google you.
The ego she hath wrought many many such delusions....
I'm sorta getting there tho'- I signed up for Adsense which having gotten approval from Google thus doth languish- Google sends me frantic emails all with one base query- WHY have you not optimized this lovely thing we have designed for you? Is it that you have not the time/ knowledge/interest/fillinblankshere..?
If it isnt lack of time or knowledge, we are hurt that you have no interest...please please pleeease embed the code in the template- pleeease!
So...having done zat, I am now waiting for Google to magically populate my page with ads based on the content I write- hmmmm, here's a thought- maybe I should write reams on Google and how it should hire me.....!!!
Or maybe I should write about the virtues of vacuuming the futon so that dustmites do not flourish- wonder how many scans the Googlebot will do of this article in its effort to position Ads ....shall watch this space- it makes me actually watch every word I type now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home