Thursday, November 03, 2005

Google Print- what a concept!

Aspiring authors, frustrated scholars, info junkies like me and kids can now rejoice- as a concept Google Print is brilliant- a step up from Google Scholar- to have Shakespeare on your desktop is a pretty cool thing...I'm looking forward to checking out the writings of Galileo, Da
Vinci, Ramanujan, and reading tomes on History/Geography/etc.
Just rereread Timothy Ferris' " Coming of Age in the Milky Way" on my desktop- sweeeetttt!!!!!
For authors it's invaluable as an advertising tool- how sweet is it to know that you have a presence, however minute on the web - from there to a jump in public perception is but a few thousand clicks per day....
To be sure there are kinks- digitization is an ongoing process, there's the Authors Guild suit against Google, bugs in the scans ...knowing Google tho' they'll get sorted out eventually.In the meanwhile lemme get back to searching for Lyall Watson- between G Print and my local library I shall die happy....
I loikes...take a bow Google...great job done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home