Thursday, June 02, 2005

What Woodwards Felt

One sentence does stand out in the column- engrossing as it is...If Felt had been found out in the early stages of Watergate, he would have been vilified...funny how one mans hero is anothers snitch...makes you wonder if anything we see, hear, believe, undergo is really true. Everything is colored by perspective- reminds me of Clouseau's statement: " I believe everything, and I believe nothing".....
I find myself fascinated by the schism tho': Clinton says Felt did good, Buchanan says not, the Wash Post comes off looking ethical because they didnt reveal it all these years- as Ben Bradlee put it- " We had to be out scooped on this" , CNN n the others stridently cover the story while being very subtly chastised by newspaper reporters under the guise of op ed columns- it's a melee that shows no signs of subsiding for the time being.
I liked the Woodward story- Felt is shown as a man who was a mentor more than just an informant. It humanizes him and literally makes you feel the burgeoning bond between the two.
Also makes you look at The Wash Post with new eyes- Kathy Graham would be pleased .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home